A Client’s Perspective: How to Succeed as a Virtual Assistant
[Video Blog] Kelsey Jones, Executive Editor at Search Engine Journal (SEJ) and CEO of MoxieDot, graced us with an interview to talk about her experience working with a Virtual Assistant (VA). MoxieDot is her Digital Marketing agency where she relies on her VA to get projects moving while SEJ is composed of a fully distributed/remote team.
Side note: I am privileged to have her as a guest since she used to be my boss at SEJ (Thanks Kels!). 🙂
In this video interview, we will cover:
- A rundown of tasks she delegates to her Virtual Assistant
- Top 3 most important traits she looks for when hiring a VA
- Tips on what would help applicants standout
- Red flags that should be avoided by potential candidates
- Situations that lead to ending relationship with her VA
- What would make a VA invaluable
- Tips for freelancers wanting to land a long term job in Digital Marketing
Learn more about the winning traits she’s after and how VAs earn her trust as a client in the video below.
- Timeliness is very important in a remote setup. Missing the deadline snowballs to your client’s dissatisfied customers, which is a big no-no.
- Good writing and language skills. Checkout Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
- Proactively suggest process improvements. Most clients appreciate looking for ways to improve the business. Be positive and responsive.
- Be educated about marketing. Build an an online portfolio and gather client testimonials.