Freelancer’s Guide To Financial Freedom [Webinar Recap]
After running a poll on Facebook, I was surprised to find out that most freelancers from the community wanted to learn about savings and investment opportunities. So last June 24, we were honored to have Mr. Fitz Villafuerte, Founder of 199jobs.com and Readytoberich.com to talk about Financial Freedom. Fitz is a Filipino entrepreneur, an investor and a Registered Financial Planner. In 2007, he established his financial blog hoping to inspire people to start their own journey towards financial freedom.
Fitz shared a lot of insights about savings, protection and investment:
#FinancialFreedom means living a few years of your life like most people won’t; so you can live the rest of your life like most people can’t.
3 D’s of Financial Success
- Discipline – having the will to do what is right even you don’t feel you like it. It is taking charge of your emotions, your feelings, your wants for the mean time.
- Dedication – commit your minds to reach your goals and be persistent.
- Delayed Gratification – a strong belief of delaying short terms pleasures in exchange for long-term happiness.
3 Steps to Financial Freedom
- Save – build the habit saving.
- Protect – you need to protect yourself and your current assets in case of financial emergencies.
- Grow – let your money grow or your investment earn.